Mother's Day Out Teacher's Aide
This position provides a safe and fun learning environment for the Mother’s Day Out Program. It creates a pleasant, inviting atmosphere for children. This position assists the teachers in the daily activities of the program.
- Assist in planning and conducting an effective Mother’s Day Out program to meet the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of each child based upon stated goals and a curriculum plan.
- Reviews and implements daily schedule and activity plans. Arranges room play and materials to accommodate the daily schedule. Sets up displays and bulletin boards.
- Assists the Mother’s Day Out Teachers with the daily curriculum, children, cleaning, and snacks.
- Accurately document attendance, absentees, and current emergency records for each child.
- Creates a pleasant, inviting atmosphere for children. Ensures the safety and sanitation of children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, proper maintenance of equipment, etc.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and training as requested.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of program information.
- Complete required ASYMCA safety trainings
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification within 90 days of hire.
- Maintain a valid child abuse history clearance.
- Successfully complete the State Police Criminal Record Check and F.B.I. fingerprints screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
-Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to safely supervise children’s activities.
-The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 30 pounds.
-Prioritizes and ability to multi-task requiring good memory, concentrations, and analytical thinking.
The work environment is generally set in a classroom like setting, may be required to venture outside for children’s activities. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel is not required for this position.
Education and Experience:
- 6 months+ of child care work related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and co-workers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to identify and deal with various child care situations. Must be able to resolve conflicts effectively in a professional and positive manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.