Children’s Waiting Room - Child Watch Part Time Attendant (ASYMCA / BACH)
Provide supervision to children (ages 6mo to 12 years old) whose parent/sibling (s) have medical appointments at Blanchfield Army Community Hospital (BACH). Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00 and closed daily form 12:00-12:30 for lunch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Services Management
- Provide a variety of activities for toddlers to 12-year-olds.
- Interacts with children; provides a nurturing environment for infants & children.
- Changes infant’s diapers when needed, ensuring the Diaper Log is filled out and submitted monthly to the Director of Programs.
- Provides bathroom breaks for those children who are potty-trained.
- Advises Director of Programs of any issues/concerns at the facility.
- Follows all Child Abuse Reporting procedures.
- Ensures new parents fill out proper registration forms, to include receiving copies of immunization records for CWR record file.
- Ensures Daily Register Report is filled out by parent signing child in/out.
- Maintains registration files (old and new).
- Provide parent and Director of Programs with written incident report when necessary, involving any child.
- Arrives on time daily as scheduled.
- Attends all mandatory training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Demonstrates understanding and proper use of the chain of command when addressing situations and concerns.
- Ensures that all records are kept confidential and locked in filing cabinet when not in use.
- Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Facility and Equipment Management
- Maintains safe and clean child-watch area.
- Opens and closes the CWR daily.
- Organizes, sanitizes and stores toys and materials to ensure order in child-watch area.
- Ensures toys and equipment are kept in good working order
- Reports unsafe condition to the Director of Programs.
- Request needed supplies from the Director of Programs.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Programs
- Day care environment
- Physical demands are standing for prolonged periods of time, standing, kneeling and sitting on the floor while interacting with the children.
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity, balance and climbing stairs frequently. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, and balances objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Must be customer service-oriented, have good phone and interpersonal skills.
- Prior work experience in childcare.
- Understanding of military family issues.
- Prior experience preparing and developing age-appropriate activities.
Post Hire Requirements:
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR training/certification completed within 90 days of hire date, and annually thereafter.
- Completion of required on-line training courses within 30 days of hire date.
- May occasionally be expected to work at special events outside normal working hours, including some weekends and/or evenings.
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.