Assists the teacher with direction for the program and implements curriculum in the classroom. Provides a quality experience to children and parents/caregivers that focuses on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
Functions and Duties:
1. Program and Services Management
· Assists the teacher develop and deliver an enriching early learning program that consists of a morning circle, learning centers, desk work and a closing circle.
· Vary activities used in the learning centers/desk work to provide different developmental opportunities.
· Model effective behaviors in dealing with children that parents can use in their own interactions with their child, implement a behavior plan.
· Inform parents on child development through formal and informal discussions and progress reports.
· Prepare all materials needed prior to each preschool session.
· Interact with parents/caregivers and children, modeling appropriate behavior.
· Follows all Child Abuse reporting procedures.
2. Administrative Responsibilities
· Maintains attendance for program participants, communicating with Branch Director for any issues that may arise.
· Submits weekly sign-in rosters to the Branch Director.
· Submits on-time monthly lesson plan to Branch Director for review in accordance with lesson plan procedures.
· Timesheets should be filled out accurately on a daily basis and submitted by the end of each pay period.
3. Financial Responsibilities
· Arrives on time daily as scheduled.
· Attends all mandatory training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled.
· Demonstrate an understanding and proper use of the chain of command when addressing situations and concerns.
· Inform Programs and Administrative Assistant and Branch Director of child’s excessive absences.
6. Facility and Equipment Management
· Maintain classroom in an orderly manner.
· Organize, sanitizes and stores toys/materials daily to ensure order.
· Ensures toys and equipment are kept in good working order, notifying Branch Director when toys/equipment need to be replaced due to unsafe conditions.
· Request needed supplies in a timely manner to the Branch Director.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Branch Director and/or Executive Director
· Classroom Setting.
· Must be able to stand and sit throughout the day.
· Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred. Work experience may also be substituted for educational requirements.
· Strong understanding of the issues military families undergo.
· Experience working with preschool age children.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.