Welcome Center Receptionist- JBER
ASYMCA of ALASKA
Job Title: Welcome Center Receptionist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Pay: $12.85 – $18.20 per hour
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
Revision Date: Oct 2023
This position supports the work of the Armed Services YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the military community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Welcome Center Receptionist is responsible for handling clerical tasks, receiving all incoming communications, greeting clients and visitors, working program participants as well as managing files, and performing other general office duties and errands. Receptionist will work closely with the Administrative Team in ensuring a smoothly operation and efficient office. This is an in person position, interacting daily with ASYMCA staff, military personnel and their families and local community partners.
1. Receives communication from program participants, military leadership, community partners, staff members and the general public via phone, email and in person visits.
2. Directs guests to appropriate staff member, addresses program and service inquiries and provides customer service.
3. Maintains welcoming appearance of the welcome center, program spaces and reception area by clearing surfaces, sweeping floors, removing garbage, preparing coffee bar and executing other tasks as needed.
4. Manages the Executive Director’s schedule- includes making appointments, fielding call requests, booking travel, and other duties as assigned.
5. Prepares reports and attends monthly Board of Members meetings and takes minutes
6. Corresponds with program participants via e-mail, telephone and in person.
7. Works directly with program participants on registering for events, programs and services
8. Serves as first contact for interested Volunteers. Discusses current opportunities and how to get started.
9. Maintains volunteer records and monitors milestones and achievements
10. Stocks and assembles community outreach materials and promotional items.
11. Manage printing needs for all program areas.
12. Sends faxes, makes copies, scans documents, emails, and mails documents/correspondence.
13. Prepare and send partner thank you letters.
14. Gathers and maintains program and facility use statistics and reports.
15. Maintains supplies and helps make required purchases to sustain programs, events and services.
16. Represents the ASYMCA at various community (on base and off base) functions
17. Serves as part of the staff team during large events and functions
18. Assists marketing team in creating small scale designs and imagery to promote current and ongoing ASYMCA Brand initiatives
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
Volunteerism: Engages volunteers and promotes social responsibility at all levels of the organization.
Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on logic, data and sound judgement.
Functional Expertise: Executes superior technical skills for the role.
Developing Self & Others: Develops self and supports others (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.
1. Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Three years of experience in an administrative support position.
3. Must deliver excellent customer service. Possess excellent phone and interpersonal skills.
4. Must possess computer skills and ability to type proficiently.
5. Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
6. Must be able to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to copiers, scanners and facsimile machines.
7. Basic cash handling experience preferred.
8. Possess multi-tasking ability with superb organization and planning skills.
9. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize work assignments with minimal guidance.
10. Must be able to work individually or as part of a team.
11. Experience with military lifestyles preferred.
12. Work experience with a non-profit organization is preferred.
13. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Primarily an office environment using computer, scanner, fax and copier equipment.
2. In person, position. Remote work not available.
3. Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions.
4. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
5. Ability to work under pressure. Interacts military personnel, community and philanthropic organizations, staff, and volunteers.
6. Standard Schedule is 8:00am-5:00pm, with a one hour lunch break. May occasionally be expected to work at special events outside normal working hours, including some weekends.
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.