The Grant Coordinator will identify and apply for various grants that meet the organization’s needs, overseeing the grant application process from beginning to end.
- Researches various types of grants available and the criteria to qualify for each.
- Discusses available sources of funding with administrative managers.
- Compiles necessary information for the application process through collaboration with other employees, database research, and other factfinding actions and meetings.
- Drafts and completes grant applications according to application requirements.
- Ensures grant is submitted on time and within application parameters.
- Completes all documents, forms, or reports required by the grant.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects that are funded by grants.
- Develops and maintains master files on grants and paperwork connected to programs funded by grants.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Will have weekly, monthly and annual goals and results will be tracked and monitored in order to be successful.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal funding sources and the ability to locate potential sources for funding.
- Thorough understanding of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of effective grant writing techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Extremely organized and meticulous with details.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize work and resources.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budgets and financial grant reports.
- Ability to be discreet with personal information that may be needed for some grants such as employee salaries or upcoming projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- At least three years of experience in grant writing experience highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.