**$250.00 Sign-On Bonus Available**
Develops, organizes and implements high quality Armed Services YMCA aquatics programs. Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with ASYMCA policies and procedures. Builds positive relationships with members and programs participants through effective listening and verbal skills and creatively finds ways to connect them to one another and the Y community.
- Must have mornings and/or midday availability.
· Directs and supervises aquatic activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill ASYMCA objectives.
· Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
· Maintains equipment and facilities.
· Maintains active surveillance of the pool area per Red Cross or YMCA of USA certifications.
· Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
· Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
· Reviews all emergency procedures and completes related reports as required by ASYMCA policies and procedures.
· Understands and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
· Maintains accurate records as required by the ASYMCA and/or State Health Department Code.
· Consistently surveys the pool area for hazardous conditions.
· Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required. Takes appropriate action to remedy any hazards.
· Remains alert with no lapses in consciousness.
· Swims assigned distance every shift to maintain endurance.
· Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
· Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director.
State Criminal History Records Check
Complete required ASYMCA safety training
American Red Cross First Aid/CPR and AED Certification
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
While performing the duties of this class, an employee is frequently required to run, swim, paddle and walk short distances; stand and sit for long periods; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear both in person from close and long distances and by phone or radio; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate lifesaving equipment.. The employee regularly lifts, pushes or pulls persons or equipment over 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, use of both eyes, ability to distinguish basic colors and shades; depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position routinely works at an indoor swimming facility. During summer months only outdoor weather conditions with little to no temperature control, and is routinely exposed to the sun, may be exposed to extreme heat, cold, wind and rain; works on uneven and/or slippery surfaces and is periodically exposed to hazardous conditions/situation. This position works a varied work week as determined by the needs required to manage operations.
Travel time is not required for this position
Education and Experience
Must have morning and /or midday availability.
Must be sixteen (16) years of age or older.
Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate skills in lifeguarding.
Ability to work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm.
Ability to positively interact with the general public.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 - $18.00 per hour (DOE)
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Lifeguard: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Required)
- Lifeguard Certification-American Red Cross or YMCA (Required)
Work Location: One location
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.