Program Attendant - Before School
Job Title: Before School Program Attendant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Status: Part Time, Permanent
Reports to: Program Director
Hours: The schedule for this position is approximately Monday-Friday 6:30am – 8:00am. We operate Before School Care with 3 partner schools in Harnett County. There are potential opportunities in afterschool programs and other childcare programs to get additional hours.
GENERAL PURPOSE: To give leadership, direction, and supervision to an assigned group of children in before school child care program. Treat all children with dignity and respect and allow for individual differences. Create an atmosphere of acceptance and caring for each child. Comfort children in distress immediately and show as much individual attention as possible to each child while being cognizant of your group.
· Supervise and participate with group during all large and small group activities and free time.
· Set up and organize material and equipment as assigned by Program Director and demonstrate the proper care and storage of such.
· Have a firm understanding and enforce program policies, health and safety regulations, and emergency procedures, and be ready to implement them as necessary.
· Provide discipline for each child that is age appropriate and maintains respect for the child, without raising voice or speaking in degrading tone.
· Maintain an open, friendly, professional relationship with staff, parents, and participants.
· Maintain regular communications with Program Director and Program Coordinator.
· Attend staff meetings and in-service training.
· Share in assigned cleaning responsibilities keeping program and storage area neat and organized.
· May be required to work hours outside normal work schedule for training, extended program hours.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
· Skill in organizing and executing age appropriate activities for children.
· Display the competencies to lead a team (regularly leads a process, project, or function with significant scope and potential impact).
· Able to relate well to children and be a positive role model.
· Willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with our mission.
· Display emotional maturity, stability, and punctuality.
· Must have a good driving record.
· Able to maintain control of participants in an effective manner.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE:
· Must be certified in CPR, First Aid, and Child Abuse Prevention; will provide training if hired.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 6:30am - 8:00am
Ability to physically move with children through a wide variety of indoor and outdoor settings
Visual ability to write reports, curriculum plans, letters, and observe children. May be required to physically intervene in situations where the safety of a child may be compromised
Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
ALL ARMED SERVICES YMCA EMPLOYEES SHOULD REFLECT CAUSE-DRIVEN
1. Member Experience: Through exceptional engagement and relationship building, create outstanding, personalized customer experiences that foster loyalty to the ASYMCA and commitment to its mission, cause and values as well as encouraging long lasting and deeper connections between members.
2. Safe/Clean Environment: Provide safe, clean and well-maintained equipment and facilities in order to assist with best supporting people we serve.
3. Programs/Services: Based on member feedback and ASYMCA availability, provide exceptional service offerings during desired/available times, ensuring quality curriculums and member focused staff.
4. Leadership Development: Recruit, hire, train, manage, appreciate and lead a qualified and committed staff, /volunteers who represent the communities we serve and are held accountable for welcoming and valuing members and incorporating relationship-building and member achievement into all programs.
5. Marketing and Communication: Keeps members and prospective members informed in a timely fashion and using a variety of clear, concise methods. All communications materials are grounded in the language of the ASYMCA’s cause and mission reflect the diversity of people the Y engages, and maintains the ASYMCA’s reputation by promoting the value and impact of being an ASYMCA member.
6. Social Responsibility: Understands and models ASYMCA values. Focus on creating positive social and community change through the development of meaningful programs and services and helping to ensure that everyone has access.
Job Type: Part-time, 10 hours per week with additional hours potentially available.
Salary: $11.00 hour
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.