School-Age Care Program Director
Are you an enthusiastic and self-motivated leader? Do you love children and enjoy working with a team with a family focus? If you are looking for a place to put down roots and serve young families in a school-age capacity, this year-round administrative position may be a perfect fit for you.
POSITION: School-Age Care Director
SALARY: $45,000 plus benefits
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
LOCATION: Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA) Regional Office
1465 Lakeside Road, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23464
Academy is open 6:30 am-6:00 pm
REPORTS TO: Youth Enrichment Program Director
The School-Age Care (SAC) Director demonstrates exceptional leadership abilities by creating and maintaining a positive learning environment for families and staff. The SAC Director collaborates with the executive staff in operating the academy in accordance with policies, procedures, and standards to provide an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children. The Director is hands-on and assumes all responsibilities and duties for school-age care and summer camp operation, including hiring, training, supervision, and mentoring staff while providing continuing educational opportunities for advancement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Be at least 21 years old;
- Hold a graduate or bachelor’s degree in a child-related field such as, but not limited to, elementary education, nursing, sociology, psychology, human development and family studies, or another child-related field and one year of experience as a teacher; OR
- Hold an associate’s degree in early childhood education or an above noted field and at least two years of experience as a teacher; OR
- Hold a national competency-based credential such as the Certified Childcare Professional (CCP) or Child Development Associate (CDA-or an approved equivalent) and at least three years of experience as a teacher; AND
- 3-5 years of experience as an administrator, managing staff at an early childhood or School-Age Care program.
- Must successfully pass a full Background Check and Fingerprint Screenings;
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe and basic office equipment;
- Possess excellent record-keeping skills and have experience with budgeting and finance practices; and
- Have a well-developed philosophy on the education of young children, which parallels with the educational philosophy of the Armed Services YMCA.
Although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to:
Stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers to feel objects, use administrative tools/controls and be able to reach with hands/arms, climb up and down stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl;
Employees will frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position will require interacting with children in classrooms daily in addition to direct supervision of staff (inside and outside the building). Daily communication with parents/families is expected. This is an active work environment with a moderate noise level.
10% travel is expected for this position. The employee must be able to travel from one facility to another, to local schools, to events, to attend field trips, to pick up supplies and deliver materials to locations as needed.
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.