Teacher - Operation Little Learners
Plan, implement and lead all activities for our Operation Little Learners Program. Prepare, arrange and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to for the program. Engage with all children and parents in the program to ensure success in the classroom. Independently performs the full range of the below listed duties and responsibilities under the written and verbal direction of the supervisor who provides guidance on the scope of assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
• Serve as Lead for the Operation Little Learners Program. Create and develop curriculum with guidance from Program Director
• Implement the Operation Little Learners program providing interesting, enriching, hands-on activities to engage learners by following lessons which support the curriculum.
• Maintain safety in all areas of programming, carefully supervising children at all times
• Report any accidents on the forms provided, making sure all forms are properly completed and submitted to the program manager within 24 hours.
• Keep a First Aid Kit easily accessible and up-to-date with supplies.
• Properly prepare all lessons in advance, ensuring all required supplies are available, as well as documenting member participation.
• Assist in keeping all ASYMCA supplies/materials clean, organized and easily accessible. When supplies/materials are running low, notify the Operation Little Learners Program Manager.
• Keep important paperwork/information neatly organized and confidential. Submit all paperwork to the program manager. • Maintain a clean, orderly and appealing work environment.
• Welcome new participants and ensure participants properly complete a Participant Registration. Be sure to answer any questions about the programs and/or the organization as a whole
• Maintain up-to-date CPR/First Aid/AED certificates and complete all annual mandatory training (paid by the ASYMCA).
• Resolve any and all issues or conflicts participants may be experiencing in a professional manner. Communicate all program concerns and problems to the program manager.
• Be able to lift 20 pounds. Facilitators are required to perform many physical tasks which may require, but are not limited to, bending, stretching, pulling, pushing, sitting (on rug), kneeling, standing, etc. to set up learning centers and facilitators must be able to engage in activities with students and parents.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Possess skills to interpret and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum and practices under immediate supervision to provide direct care, education and development for children.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Maintains program site and equipment. Inventories equipment on a recurring basis and recommends replenishing damaged, missing, and depleted supplies. Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Maintains required program records. Collects, maintains and reports program participation data.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Represents the Armed Services YMCA with a professional and positive demeanor.
- Adhere to ASYMCA’s organizational policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- One year prior experience working with children, youth or teens in a day care or classroom setting is required.
- Ability to satisfactory complete all required training and demonstrate competencies according to established timeframes to retain employment status.
- Completes all training requirements during orientation
- Must meet current health and sanitation requirements.
- Completion of ASYMCA program specific certifications.
- Able to successfully pass a criminal, driving, and employment reference background check.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and uses hands, arms and legs for dexterity, balance and climbing stairs frequently. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts, carries and balances objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Pulls and pushes objects such as file drawers and supplies.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks work and projects requiring good memory, concentration and analytical thinking.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children’s activities.
- Be physically and mentally capable of providing care for children
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.