Children's Waiting Room
Children’s Waiting Room (CWR) Staff must uphold the responsibility for providing an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for the children enrolled in the ASYMCA Children’s Waiting Room Program. All CWR staff will conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, setting a good example for children, parents and co-workers by reflecting the ASYMCA core values of caring, honesty and respect of others, as well as being responsible for high-quality childcare which includes, but not limited to, meeting the internal and external child & parents needs.
The essential functions of this position include but not limited to the following:
· Adhere to stated ASYMCA policies and procedures to include subsequent training and meeting notes; ensure program standards and safety procedures are met.
· Acknowledge the parents and children by greeting them by name.
· Maintain open communication with Program Director.
· Initiate and maintain a positive relationship with the children and their parents; keep the children comfortable and be responsive to the parents input and concerns.
· Be available to substitute when needed; help create new and exciting programs to include special events for the children.
· Maintain a sanitized environment with proper cleaning of toys plus all surfaces; any other duties assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure that all staff and children are respectful of ASYMCA property; ensure all CWR rules are followed and enforced.
· Maintain accurate documentation of attendance and emergency information on each child.
· Maintain a professional appearance and manners reflective of ASYMCA standards.
· Comply with the check and balances system to ensure that clean-up is done every day.
· Maintain all supplies, equipment and materials inform the Program Director when new/additional supplies are needed.
Complete required ASYMCA safety training
First Aid/CPR Certification
State police Criminal Record Checks
Must be able to sit, stand and walk frequently and able to lift up to 50lbs. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms regularly. Posses the ability to climb, balance, stoop, crouch, crawl as needed to care for young children. Will frequently need to be able to see, smell and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to small children and toys. Occasionally the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and varying fitness equipment. The noise level in the work environment can vary from quiet to moderate depending upon the number of participants. This position works in a variety of environments which can include but not limited to, office settings, gymnasiums, and outdoors. This position works a varied work week as determined by the needs required to manage operations.
5% Travel Time is expected. Must be able to travel from one ASYMCA facility to another to pick up supplies and visit personnel as needed.
Education and Experience
Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
One year or more previous experience with children preferred; have a positive attitude and follow directions. Ability to plan and initiate age appropriate games and activities; adjust from sitting to standing with ease; ability to stand for long periods of time. Relate to children, members and other staff in a positive manner
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.00 - $11.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Retirement Fund
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Childcare: 1 year (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Armed Services YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ASYMCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. ASYMCA encourages applicants of all ages.